Tuesday, December 16, 2008

On An Aetiology

I realized that I never gave any reason for why I chose the url that I did for this blog... I will remedy this immediately~ :) So, an explanation! I chose Tiny Made because I wanted this to be a craft blog. I like creating things with my own hands, and in general my handmade things tend to be small. I can't mass produce things, so everything is made on a small scale, both literally as in I can only make one of anything at a time, but also in the sense that I like to make things that are tiny as well. So they're tiny made, just as they're handmade! Additionally, I'm a very small person, so I was "made tiny" as well, which I thought was a cute. I also like taking macro pictures. You focus on a small detail of an object as a whole, and all of a sudden you can find entire complex worlds hidden within the mundane. Everything is beautiful close up. Suddenly you can see all the color variations and graceful lines of veins in a single leaf, or you can marvel at the delicate precision in a tiny bug. I think it's astounding.

So there you have it! Welcome to Tiny Made; I hope you enjoy your stay! :D

Love and Best,
your Bee ♥

No comments: